Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Poetry: Famous

Today's student guest post is by Erin Jackman.  She is in her third year of the MDiv program.  Erin lives in Middleton, NS and serves as Social Rep on ADCSA

One way that I express my thoughts and feelings is through poetry or song writing. I wrote this poem around 2004 as a reflection of a time when God worked in my life and brought me out of a life that I was not called to live. He provided me a second chance in life and ever since I aim to serve that his glory shines and he becomes famous.





Famous

Why do I find myself feeling so lonely
Only to find you there
Waiting for me to come into your arms
You hold me, you told me
That you'd never leave me
You stood by my side all the way
It was me letting go, pushing away
Wanted to run, wanted to flee
From the site I'd become
Intoxicated by the world
I played it well the life that shouldn't be
Until you showed me
The death of life that drew near
Showed me why to fight for life
I came rushing to you
Arms opened wide
For your warmth again
Holding me tight you cried
As another fearful child
Raced to your love
Those days are going
The new one have come
Still with every breath I breathe
YOu are there waiting
Waiting for me to fall at your feet
But sometimes I still feel lonely
Only to find myself needing you
Yearning for your tender touch of love
Upon my weary soul
Take this life you give
So your glory shines
And you become famous

No comments:

Post a Comment